Skip to main content

IF MY HEART COULD SPEAK: Put Me Back Together!

Recovery is not an instant act at all-whether physically or emotionally: anyone who has been through this kind of tragedy or can relate with it will tell you that they had to be deliberate about some things before they were able to stand on their two feet emotionally, spiritually, mentally and sometimes physically.

1)   Let it all out
I’m the kind that would tell you... just be! Scream, shout and let it all out as a famous song would say. Crying has never meant that one is weak and that is something each individual, both male and female should understand. Compression of emotions doesn’t mean strength either. I believe in being true to you and better still, being vulnerable before God. There is indeed a time for everything, a time to rejoice and a time to mourn. This may just be that time... and it’s valid. Whether alone, or with a few genuine people who play the role of sticking closer than a brother, dear friend... just be! If David in all his royalty was able to find time to do it every now and again throughout the book of Psalms, dear one, who are you not to? Let the tears flow and let the heart feel; there’s one greater who is all so ready to bring in the comfort you need while in your state of release. Don’t ignore it, go through it... Mark the word ‘through’ meaning, there’s a way out. Keep that in mind.

 

2)   Keep busy

It’s easy to get stuck up doing nothing due to feelings of disappointment, failure, unworthiness and such like things. I mentioned that a time comes when you have to take charge- this is the time. Keep busy doing the things you love, with the people you love. If they are genuine friends, they will definitely ensure you get back to being active in the things that made you smile. It could be outdoor activities, it could be going out for a swim with them, it could be meeting up.... get your life back. Be involved with others. “The only way to repair and build relationships is to be in relationships. (A lesson learnt from the course, The Life-giving power of Authentic Community)

3)   Do you!

While in this season I’ve always told my friends closest to me whom I’ve walked with while in their season of pain, take care of you. Look at the bright side; you now have time for yourself. It may sound unsympathetic but with time you get to realize that ‘Hey, I am also important.’ Don’t lose touch with yourself. Take care of yourself. In my own words, “Do you, be you, spoil you and love you no matter what.” In this way you are able to identify areas in your life that may need to be worked on. You get to grow as well, for as you heal you will learn of your strengths and weakness and how to make them work for you. So again I repeat, “Do you, be you, spoil you and love you no matter what, if you don’t then who will?” God will, I know, and He will encourage you to still do those things that entail loving you, like reminding yourself who you are in Him.

With that, stay healthy. I’m a fitness ‘fanatic’ so I’d recommend it. Try it, for once. Some physical exercise and eating well will do you some good.... just try it to replenish your energy (you’ll thank me later).

4)   Involve God in your healing and post healing life

This cannot be over emphasised. The best time to build your relationship with God is when you are single. Sounds strong but it is true (read the book of 1 Cor. 7:32-35) Now would be a good time to get back to where you were with God or for some, start on a clean slate. It is understandably hard to come back to Christ figuring that sometimes we are quick to conclude He allowed the break up to happen. Though I believe, God cares. Sometimes He detaches us in the most painful ways from the things we love most either because He knows it was not good for us, it wasn’t meant for us and He has something or someone better, or because the work we were to do with the particular individual is finished and it is time to move.

God knows what’s best and He desires what’s best for His children. Jer. 29:11 often reminds us that God knows the plans He has for us. “They are for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Involve God in your life from now henceforth. Pour out all that is within and leave it with Him and your reward shall come... a peace that surpasses all human understanding. (Phil. 4:7) It doesn’t just come to live within you it comes to guard your heart and mind. Peace from God shall be your protector when you become overwhelmed with the emotions that may come and try to take over. So stretch your hands out and open your heart to this Godly peace, you need it.

In conclusion, you can follow this link for The Benediction

©namwano

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I love...

THE OL' SCHOOL DIVA'S DIARY

THE OL’ SCHOOL DIVA’S DIARY In a world where the trending acts of lust and sex among young people continues to be on the rise, one cannot help but wonder where the gold ol’ morals disappeared to. Our generation sorry to say is quickly becoming immune to the differentiation between ‘black and white’. For some reason, there’s no clear distinction between the two. We live in a world prone to accept shades of grey when it comes to making decisions. A “No” is no longer a clear distinct no… there’s always a maybe or how far can we go without getting into trouble. A “Yes” is no longer a clear yes; it comes with conditions to be fulfilled. Look around you and you will see-we are trying hard to deal with a menace that is spreading fast throughout an entire generation. I remember while in lower primary, I always paid attention to the frequently quoted statement, “You are the chosen generation,” but now years later, I actually wonder, if we really are, and if indeed we are then w...

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly sp...