Skip to main content

27:21 'This is Me'


“It is one thing to win, it is another thing to win as the real you”. This is my theory of the real me;
The real me is not an end, it is who I am now and everyday. The real me is growing; the real me is becoming. And in order to become it, it may take time. In that time it will require, on my part, a resolve to stay committed to the process, hard work that requires sacrifice, and belief that sustains in the seasons when the best version of myself feels like a fallacy.
The real me is and will continue to be challenged. My frailty will be inflated, my fear magnified and on several occurrences, I will be greatly mortified. Because I know how deep the cracks of my enmeshed brokenness run and I remain uncertain of the genuineness or fake state of my circle. And by the time I make peace with the reality that ‘This is Me’, I may have lost a couple of things, and sometimes people.
Nevertheless, the real me will make good of the wholeness that is crafted by the potter who makes all things new (Isaiah 43:18-19). It shall disgorge the hypocrisies and set ablaze the phantasm of waywardness we are so accustomed to. Beyond the acknowledgement of my current truth, the real me must clean my mess, not wait for someone else to do the dirty work. That means, I repent (1 John 1:9). That means I accept my state and embrace the consequences that come attached with mercy (Revelation 3:19). That means I forgive, both myself and those that may have wronged me (Psalm 103:10-14). That means, I set out an action plan on how to make my life and the lives of those connected to me much better (Ephesians 4:31-32). Thereafter, I reclaim my original self by shedding light on my strengths, falling in love with each of them and thanking God that even in my weakness, we are said to be strong (2 Corinthians 12:10).
A recent post from a friend of mine will be the conclusion of this post today, “If we look behind be it at what we achieved or what we failed to do we will for sure limit our future. But when you look to God whose love covers a multitude of sin you will hear Him utter these words,

16-21 This is what God says,
    the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
    who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies—
    they lie down and then can’t get up;
    they’re snuffed out like so many candles:
“Forget about what’s happened;
    don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
    It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
    rivers in the badlands.
Wild animals will say ‘Thank you!’
    —the coyotes and the buzzards—
Because I provided water in the desert,
    rivers through the sun-baked earth,
Drinking water for the people I chose,
    the people I made especially for myself,
    a people custom-made to praise me.
Isaiah 43:16-21 (The Message)
The real you will practice the value of thinking highly of one’s self, even though it feels foreign. And the more you value yourself (with added tax), your perspective on life and people will change. The real you is impressive. The real you will enjoy life, not worship it, there’s a difference. The real you will trust God and His word about you. The real you shall only live free if you live in your truth, not avoid it.
Could you kick start this second half of the year by shedding off that mirage called perfection and activate a mind-set of progression? God is still at work, so purpose to live out and celebrate the real you. He/she is worth it.
Happy new month.
©namwano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I loved too muc