Skip to main content

27:5 'TRUE LIES'

So here I am, right under God’s spotlight, with the little courage I have, echoing the very words that David stated in Psalms 139:23-24;
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Let me tell you the truth, to ask God to search you is to bring light into what was once an area covered in darkness. Your behaviors, patterns, lifestyle of fallacies and all your humanity collide with God’s divinity to reset factory settings of God’s original version of you.
Did someone ever mention that being bold can be peculiar? Truly speaking, I feel it is. When God is getting ready to make changes in your life, expect Him to go deeper. He does not operate on the surface, but rather starts right at the core coming out. He always wants to do something deeper. To build a formidable exterior so as to harbor inside senseless fear is futile, because God had an original idea of you in mind and desires that you live it out purposefully. When your bad meets His good and your fake meets His real, the goodness dims every fallacy pertaining to your life. So if you think stepping up and standing out as your original and intended godly you is costing you a whole lot than what you expected, friend, BE BOLD ANYWAY!
This past Easter I was reminded of the importance of this season by a sermon I listened to my Daddy preach; that Easter is about a divine exchange. You give Him who and what you are for who and what He designed you to be. A few questions challenged me to evaluate myself; you could take some time and answer them too;
1.      Who am I right now?
2.      Where am I right now?
3.      What am I searching for on the real?
4.      Where am I/have I been going to find it?
You know what I figured? That God is interested in your self-awareness. He wants you to be true to who you are and what you feel at all times. But beyond that, He desires to be the one that you allow to meet your real need which is indicated by the thoughts and feelings you experience. Not just for now, but for forever. But in order for Him to do so, He has to address the area in which He is working on, to see if you acknowledge that it exists. It is a partnership.
To become His original idea of you requires you to be connected to His power, presence and authority. It is in partnering with God that we are able to have victory over real areas of struggle and weakness. Mine has been the fear to step out and be different! I have always known I am from when I was young, but loathed it due to the pressure of perfection that came with it. But then, somewhere along the line, I found myself like the woman at the well trying to fill a void with resources rather than accepting real source. Interestingly, God had His eye on me all the while. He knew I would fight being different and still believed I could be myself and thrive at it on His terms. So I took a chance on Him for myself!
I know I will probably not be victorious every day, guaranteed, but I am knowledgeable of the fact and confident in the truth that there is a well that never runs dry. I can enjoy the overflowing supply from the source of “everything I need for a godly life through my knowledge of him who called me by his own glory and goodness” (2 Peter 1:3). Boldness is costly. And so is becoming God’s original idea of you. Exterior supports may temporarily sustain, but only inward character creates courage.
So here is a truth I derived from a lie; you cannot be authentically you and thrive at it all by yourself. It is the permission to have the power of God work within you that will see you prosper at being you, the godly way. And by the way you can be both bold and godly. Co-operate with God, you will see the fruits eventually. I challenge you today, even as I myself maneuver tactfully through this kind of living that is daily revealing the benefits of being yourself unapologetically; let God invade the spaces that you know have been occupied by resources that constantly leave you thirsty for more. Live in moment-by-moment interaction with Jesus.
Allow God to be God on His terms. Give Him time (be patient) and room (open residence). You will eventually look back and see how you have been enjoying the benefits of letting Him rule and reign as He rightfully should.


 

Comments

  1. Wow, powerful . I dive in. I need this too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is deep stuff Namwano.Food for thought and alot of searching for the new month and those to come.
    Asante sana.You are a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nailed it Nash. This is what Christian maturity is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I loved too muc