Skip to main content

WHEN GOD BECOMES YOUR MAIN MAN


Not so long ago the world was painted red with the festive season of Valentine’s Day. Everybody was busy dishing out flowers to loved ones and expressing their love the best way they know how. I know of a few people around me, got a taste of valentine fever; from my parents who had a special dinner in the house, to my best friend whose boyfriend made special reservations at an exclusive restaurant. I mean if it would have been hard for anyone to even ignore the fact that the notch had been raised a bit high when it came to romance and ‘love’.
For me, I was partly in school, and later in the evening at home, serenading myself with R’n’B music, that always has a way of blowing my senses away. No talk, just music. Sometimes after seeing too much love in one day, you just one to be on your own, eating your favorite meal (ugali and chicken gobbled down with a glass of fresh juice and yogurt) listening to your best tunes and looking into the sky reminiscing on what would have happened or what to avoid in a case scenario of a valentines date… trust me your mind can take you to places even you could never imagine, but thank God you have the power in you to control it.
In the stillness of the night I got myself thinking of so many things; some made sense (what kind of girlfriend would I want to be & eventually what kind of wife would I want to be). Others were quite silly (why I have never taken time to actually go to Java for coffee (by the way I have never so if you’re reading this and feeling sufficiently philanthropic hallar at 0711111111111….etc))
Though my main thought was when I put God in the picture and tried to imagine Him as flesh and blood right next to me. It was a bit weird but I did it anyway, because then I could be real with myself. I wondered what it is He would have me do to make Him happy, where He’d wanted us to go, just to have some time alone for the two of us, if He’d laugh at the jokes I’d make, or put a stone face throughout our whole conversation; would he carry me up in the sky like others do, and twirl me around like He’s little princess? Would he take me to explore the beauty of the world now that he owns the whole universe? Would He share with me His secrets, tell me what hurts him the most, and what He’d want me to do or not to do when He is all upset?
What is it that Jesus would want me to do to ensure that our love grows, stronger each day, through the fire, through the flood and every grey day? I got out my journal, to note down a few things on the kind of relationship I have with God, and to be honest I was quite devastated at the results, after evaluating my relationship with the one I call “My Main Man”- God.
It was pretty clear, I spent less time with Him and more time doing other things that coming to think of it, never really deserved that much of my attention. My quiet times with him were replaced with quiet times worrying about the future and my present troubling state. My ‘quarry’ times in the word were replaced were trying to find answers in best-selling books and very form of literature, not forgetting doing assignments that actually required reference from His word. My ‘me time’ moments where I spent journaling reflections on how He carried me through the day, had been instantly taken over by numerous journaling of my stresses and haywire  emotions that had been creeping in since some young men somewhere begun to trouble me…..Mmmmmhmmmm….
I slowly and hurtfully, shut my journal realizing, how I had abandoned my Main Man. He enjoyed watching me happy, but was sad at the fact that, He wasn’t welcomed to share that happiness with me. He wanted to bless me; shower me with his loving Kindness, but I went elsewhere to look for it, while his arms were wide open.
In surrender I asked for forgiveness, for the many times I was too pre-occupied with the worries of this world and not giving him time to calm me down and re-assure me that all would be well…
You see in this life, especially as a young lady, there are many times you will tend to be carried away by the worldly things. Men, money, fame, fashion etc… mark you I am not saying they are bad, I am saying that at times we tend to make them our main priority, living Christ behind. In fact we sometimes erase Him totally out of the picture.
However, we need to learn this one thing, There’s only one man in this entire universe who can satisfy you deep within, and that is Christ. He alone can be your main man who will be present, whether or not you welcome Him in. He is the one man I know for sure, never sleeps nor slumbers when you’re busy running for help in the middle of the night. (Psalm 121:4). In the darkest hour when you cry, and you think no one else is seeing or hearing, He sees your tears and feels your pain. (Isaiah 43:13)
In times of confusion, dear sister, pause for a minute, or even stop what you are doing, and talk to your main man. Unlike other’s He’s ever present in time of trouble (Psalm 46:1). He waits for you to say what it is that you would like from Him, and is never ever pressed for time in the world. He may have a million people to attend to at the same time, but that does not change the fact that He has time for you, and all you need to do is open your mouth and speak.
Life can be hard-there are days where you will be stressed at the break of dawn, and depressed at the end of the entire day. It’s easy to say, ‘God understands my schedule’, but that’s a lie that you have believed and you need the truth to set you free. The truth is, YOU’VE GOT TIME-and if you love Him as much as you claim to, then you will sacrifice some time in your busy schedule to be with the one that you love. Take this scenario, He has billions of people to attend to, and still He wants time with you, yet, you still have the impudence to say that you are too busy ‘maybe next time, when I’m on leave’ C’mon… Surely how would you feel if you were in His shoes?
Think about and make the necessary changes.
Learn to make God the Main Man in your life. There things in this life that only He can give, and if you have him, then you will experience plenty of them; the fruits of the spirit… sweet, nutritious and very satisfying… (Galatians 5:22-23). There’s no two way about it. You Have Jesus as your main man, you have life. No Jesus No Life.
Make that you’re motto today: live each day knowing that you have someone who cares about you, despite what people may say, think, or do to you. If Jesus is your main man then no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17). Give room to God, as Your Main Man…Now and always…The Best is yet to come out of it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I loved too muc