Skip to main content

27:15 'RANDOM'

I have not been doing much writing for a while now. I can say it is due to a couple of things including writer’s block, which is like the rock bottom for any writing creative. Every day, I have something to say (mentally that is), but to present it in well thought out, spirit backed words can often be laborious.
The greater part of me is a perfectionist, with a bit of room for unintended mistakes. I love to plan ahead, because well, I have great belief in my end result. However of late, I feel I have been forced to learn the importance of this one thing, “REST.” What to me felt like a dry season with social distancing between pen, paper, myself and the rest of the world, has had me sit back and think more deeply about God, the brevity of life and about myself. As a result, I have jotted down more to myself than I have in the many years I have shared blog posts with you. I had earlier planned to finish the #2727 series in June this year, but even with a goal written with a permanent marker, life teaches you to write the steps to it in pencil.
Let’s fast forward to this ‘coronizing’ season that has changed the famous slogan from “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” to “Divided We Stand, United We Fall” overnight. This too shall pass though, and we can reclaim the original hopefully with appreciation for the things we take for granted, like family, healthy friendships, laughter and hugs. (I’m a huger so pray for me).
The unexpected turn of events continuously brings to mind how mortal we are as human beings. We plan for mountain top experiences with little to no expectation of a slippery roll back to the plateaus and valleys. Then with no warning, a shift takes place that forces us to either change strategy or create one. And that is okay, because the series of life events is no surprise to God at all.
Though let us be honest, the majority of our time during this pandemic has and still is being spent frantically trying to calm ourselves down, true? Whether by ingesting information from 21 different tabs on our laptops via the internet or numbing ourselves from the perplexing realities happening around us with back to back movies and series, we are all in a bid to wake up from this nightmare. I do not mean to say that we need not be concerned about the current situation, however I strongly believe that we need to be aware of two things, 1) God changing the situation or 2) God changing us in the midst of it. Inevitably we spend time googling our answers to “what to do if it gets worse”, but remember that another mindset would be “Even if it gets worse, God is still there.” (Habbakuk 3:17-18)
cogbtherapy.com
 I think there is a different kind of dependency on the Holy Spirit when you do not know the “when” or the “how”. A different kind of reliance when God is literally, all you have. The change and answers we seek though, are directly connected to how we choose to spend the time we have, now that activity is limited. A personal win post this Covid-19 season, will only be experienced by winning in private through ensuring productivity with the time on our hands. While we choose not to fear or worry, we still must live and lead lives in full awareness of God and His word to us in this season. We must still inquire of Him in these troublesome days and have our full attention given to Him, in order to know His heart concerning all that is happening around us. Yes, He will deliver us as promised, but when He does, will we still be our old selves with wavering characters?
Perhaps in this season, it is required of us to go back to the basics spending time with God in prayer and study of His word, with our families and the people around us that we care about by talking face to face or calling on a more regular basis, as well as disciplines that build the mind, body and soul like working out, sitting with one’s self and evaluating life thus far, and reading books that challenge our perspective. These acts enhance our productivity and despite the change of rhythm due to the turn of events, life’s dance still continues.
There is very little at the moment that is neat about life. There are tumultuous displays of both pleasure and pain. I pray though, that we will not be overly consumed by the “What if’s” that we forget God’s promises and His desired way for us to live and lead our lives. He gives us His word so that we can remind Him what He said and so that we can not only find encouragement, but also inquire of our participatory role in what He wants to do in seasons like this.
I’d also emphasize that the current season we are in is a period that needs us to extend and experience extravagant generosity. If there is a time that requires us to be our brother’s keeper, it is now. Take it upon yourself to inquire about people's needs and find ways to meet them. Go the extra mile and share the little that you have.
Little is much, when shared.

Stay Safe.
©namwano

Comments

  1. Wow. This is so beautifully writen. Asante sana. #FaithOverFear #EpicWomen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worth giving a thought.
    Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is a great read, sobering me up.

    I have been praying that I will not at the end of it all be my old self with wavering character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I loved too muc

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum