Skip to main content

CHIT-CHAT WITH MY SHADOW

New moon, full moon
Burnishing its course through grilled glass
Outlining every angle of an ill-defined shadow
I hear the sound of the wind
I feel it too
I know it’s saying something
But I am raw to its meaning
I stay put
Clinging to the gloom
Perceiving the cost of befallen doom
Awaken me from this nightmare
Shell out this toll of despair
Sing a song
And let me hear it
Stretch out your hand
And ask me for a dance if you see fit
Drown the anxiety engulfed in my sprit
Let me find a joy and happiness so exquisite
Light up the sun in my heart
Disregard the fears within my soul
Bring in the radiance
To shine in my world as dark as coal
Eradicate the torment
Let me live happy ever after and not just a moment
Mute the screams, the yells, the mourns and groans
And let the beauty of the silence serenade my being.
Lord,
Cover me in the shadow of your wing,
Eternally,
Let me soak in the warmth of your ecstasy
Taking endless pleasure in tranquility 
The darkness is swallowing me quickly
And I may not make it back up
Unless you come to the rescue
And help me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

27:7 'DEFINITION'

One of the greatest tragedies is going through life with someone for a lengthy period of time, only to be told, at the quest for clarity on who you are, that you were only but… a friend. Ouch! I have been there, on a few occasions actually (story for another day) and to be honest, it broke me more than the first time, every time. But one thing I have learned is to take responsibility for my part of the ended waltz because it always takes two to tango. Responsibility for me means taking time out to evaluate my part in the problem and see how to rectify my attitude and behavior. I can’t say I learn my lesson well, sometimes I trip over, but I’m here to speak of improvements not perfection. Life has taught me the importance of ‘definition,’ the necessity of defining things the moment they come into being. It could be a friendship, a relationship, a business plan, anything… you are required to define it from the start. A little research would reveal that the word ‘definition