Skip to main content

DEAD LOVING

Bad reaper, Bad reaper
Crawled in
Unannounced
Plucking the unripe fruit
Of virtuousness
So juvenile,
So tender
Sweet,
To the taste of its tongue
But bitter, to my instincts.
Stinging, to my eyes, with tears
Crushing
To my bones.
No strength within me
So I drop dreary on the surface… thank God, not made of stone.
White sheet, immense heat
Same moves, different persona
Reverse to the bottomless pit of…
Square one.
No emotion, no reaction
No articulation
Hence no satisfaction.
So this is love ey?
Today Jimmy
Tomorrow Johnny?
True,
One says I’m authentic; the other ten narrate I’m Fake
I mean how much more can I take?
Never once appreciated the genuine affirmation
Of optimum caring
So I stick to this game… this game called ‘Dead Loving.’
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I love...

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly sp...

THE OL' SCHOOL DIVA'S DIARY

THE OL’ SCHOOL DIVA’S DIARY In a world where the trending acts of lust and sex among young people continues to be on the rise, one cannot help but wonder where the gold ol’ morals disappeared to. Our generation sorry to say is quickly becoming immune to the differentiation between ‘black and white’. For some reason, there’s no clear distinction between the two. We live in a world prone to accept shades of grey when it comes to making decisions. A “No” is no longer a clear distinct no… there’s always a maybe or how far can we go without getting into trouble. A “Yes” is no longer a clear yes; it comes with conditions to be fulfilled. Look around you and you will see-we are trying hard to deal with a menace that is spreading fast throughout an entire generation. I remember while in lower primary, I always paid attention to the frequently quoted statement, “You are the chosen generation,” but now years later, I actually wonder, if we really are, and if indeed we are then w...