Skip to main content

SHE WAS A HEAD TURNER

A head turner… that’s who she was
Beauty that flowed from within and found its way out, no sight of flaws
Or so many thought
She had it all going on for her
Extraordinaire background, classic lifestyle, sort-after status
With all this, nothing was bound to go wrong
Or so we thought, since no one sensed the upcoming fracas 

She walked tall
Everyone around knew her, whether great or small
She was a head turner; no one was like her, none at all
Her green eyes flashed before her audience
If you didn’t know her, you’d mistake her image and call it pretense
But she was real, a true figure to behold

She was a head turner, so humble yet so bold
Elegance was written all over her
Right from her glorious long hair, to her feet that sauntered gracefully
Rarely touched the ground due to a spectacular pair that elevated her to an appreciable height
Oh! A head turner, that’s who she was,
That is what we knew her for
Silencing conversations among drooling men
Strutting proudly like a gazelle before a lion’s den
Inscribing inspirations on the hearts of women
Eligible in many men’s criteria of ‘woman of my dreams’, scoring a sure ten over ten

She was it; a head turner
A people lover; never a heart breaker
Wife material to more than one; she was a home maker
Whose would she be?
Many wondered and waited to see
Many approached her; she put them down
But even then, the message remained the same
She was… A head turner

“I can’t have her” one said, “but whoever gets her will be blessed to have her”
“She’s way above my class”, another uttered “why would she be interested in me?”
“Her father,” yet another stated, “He’s the reason why I can’t get to her, but she’d be mine by now”
Everyone had a reason why they wouldn’t be with her

But nobody really knew, the other side of her
A dark side
The dungeon she hid in late at night
The reality of who she was
A side that reflected scars
Scars, that each had nothing but a painful memory
Memories that she wanted to make history
The demons she fought, nobody really had a clue
A big heart she did have, but if only they knew
All she ever wanted was to feel complete
Rise up from the filthy state inside, and back on her feet
She had won, accomplished her mission of achieving greatness

Though truth be told today, she lies among many with this one feature… one called

COVERED NAKEDNESS!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

27:7 'DEFINITION'

One of the greatest tragedies is going through life with someone for a lengthy period of time, only to be told, at the quest for clarity on who you are, that you were only but… a friend. Ouch! I have been there, on a few occasions actually (story for another day) and to be honest, it broke me more than the first time, every time. But one thing I have learned is to take responsibility for my part of the ended waltz because it always takes two to tango. Responsibility for me means taking time out to evaluate my part in the problem and see how to rectify my attitude and behavior. I can’t say I learn my lesson well, sometimes I trip over, but I’m here to speak of improvements not perfection. Life has taught me the importance of ‘definition,’ the necessity of defining things the moment they come into being. It could be a friendship, a relationship, a business plan, anything… you are required to define it from the start. A little research would reveal that the word ‘definition