Skip to main content

COVERED NAKEDNESS


What’s the easiest thing you’ve ever had to do? Personally, my answer would be ‘put up a face.’ It’s by far the easiest thing I have ever had to do. Trust me; people like me would win an award for this. I’ve done it practically all my life but its disadvantages are on the high so I’m learning to just be honest with reality and more so myself.
It just amazes me how in the outside world every body perceives you to be this ‘Miss Independent’ kind of girl like Neyo would sing. You walk like the boss, talk like the boss, etc. They call you all sorts of good names, and shower you with flattering remarks. Like recently, a friend of mine, decided to expound on the fact that I am too special with these exact words. “You’re beautiful, sweet, kind, you’re certainly loving, your sexy like a problem… you’ve been through a lot but you still remain to stand as a strong woman…the list is endless” Now you can imagine, I was trying not to smile really hard, but I couldn’t hide it. Until I was alone, and I reflected on those words is when I realized, that actually, I never really felt that way about my self. What exactly was he seeing that I didn’t seem to, every time I looked in the mirror?
Let’s face it. We, who hide behind a mask, are such pros. You can’t really notice us can you? I don’t blame you. Why? It’s because we are ever smiling, laughing, bursting out with joy, and spreading a fragrance of happiness that’s attractive in every ‘wing’ of life. We are head turners. We make you glare for hours at our physiques and covet our blessed features that seem to bloom every minute like a flower. Sometimes we wear buggy jeans and t-shirts, or lot’s of make up and long dresses to sweep the streets just to keep the secret, that “hey, I really don’t want you to be that interested in me, because I don’t think you will love me the same way, if you knew my past and where I have come from.”
It’s not that we want to, but that is how life has allowed us to be. We’ve been there, to the darkest of pits, where we screamed and no one heard. We cried and no one held us. We tried to run, but we were locked up. We loved, but unfortunately, were taken advantage of. We don’t want you to know, but we wish you could anyway. We don’t know how to speak about it, though we are dying to. Maybe you would be our rescuer, to come and help us escape this dungeon of our past and roll us into the recovery room, to begin a new life of dreaming new dreams, and achieving our destiny…
Reality is, wherever you maybe, someone close or far from you is putting on a mask every single day, to hide a dark past from reflecting in their everyday endeavors. I love that simple proverb we used to use in almost every composition in primary school, “Do not judge a book by its cover.” Until you get close enough, to the depth of the heart of a person, you’ll never really know, whether they sleep like a baby, or fight countless demons and ghostly voices from a horrible past, in the middle of the night.
Now let me talk to you; you who is smiling and possessing the world’s most beautiful visage, but a battered identity on the inside, and you know it. It’s easy to take care of others and be their number one hero when it comes to sorting out their numerous dilemmas. You can be a tower of faith and prayer for others but in reality you know you are impotent when it comes to your own limitations.
This is the painful truth (the truth always hurts by the way- but it always sets you free), you cannot keep suppressing your feelings inside. They will destroy you eventually, like little termites hogging on a piece of deserted bread. Before you know it, you will be on the down low. Enough is enough! Stop fighting, stop hiding and get up from that dungeon of your past. Present yourself to God; in his presence, the past will fall off you like a garment, and he will cover you in the shadow of his wings. He will serenade you with His love.
Note this one thing; YOU ARE FIXABLE! The only condition you have is to allow God to do so, because He is the only one who can. Not a rich man, a classy lifestyle, your job, your money… Just God!
He certainly has an interesting way of doing it. He covers your nakedness. He doesn’t expose you; he wraps you in his glory, so that people see Him through you and not your shame and guilt.
When God covers you, you glow in Him. You blossom and flourish. You bloom and not the slightest hint of the past trauma is reflected when the world looks at you.
They see beauty. They see grace; they are attracted by the illuminating smile on your face. You don’t repel, you attract. All because of one thing; God has covered your nakedness. You may be bleeding on the inside. Though the best thing is when you allow Him to work on the inside the results are seen on the outside too. (Ezekiel 16:6-10)
When God covers your nakedness, there are times you may feel exposed. Situations may come that make you feel invaded. You may be broken. Try not concentrate on your broken state. Take time to sit still to remind yourself who you are, whose you are and what He says about. Once you do so chances are that you confidently allow the oceans to rise, and the thunders raw, because this time round you are working hand in hand with your creator; the coverer of your nakedness. Unless He discloses you, which he won’t, then there’s no need to be afraid or ashamed. Just relax, God’s in control so let him love on you all day, all night, everyday.
Your relationship with God is Key. Be real with Him. Be intimate with Him, in the sense that, you challenge Him, you speak what is in your heart, you tell Him, the truth of how you feel-you know those times when you feel he has actually left you to handle your issues on your own, and you’re angry that you feel that way… vent. Set time aside, to be authentic with Him, because even before you tell Him, He knows. (Read the story of Gideon in Judges 6, to catch a glimpse of what I mean by intimacy)
God wants to bring you to a place of rest. A place where there’ll be not much pacing to do. No running from a haunting past. No staring at others especially those who hurt you through fighting, the frightening eyes and timid stature. He wants to remove you from that dark spot in which you’ve been hiding and bring you into a bright future and purpose that he has laid out for you.
It’s about time you got rid of your feelings of hatred, aroma of bitterness, taste of unworthiness and gather boldness to step out into a world of freedom in your mind (Rom. 12:2).
You need to not only break those chains and links; burry them, lock them up and throw them into the sea of forgetfulness. The more time you spend with your new found love, Jesus Christ, the less time you will spend contemplating on the dungeon of your past and all the ghosts that roar with it. God wants you to have inner peace and joy. If only you allow him to love on you. God is love. So hold on tight to his embrace and you are bound to feel safe and be ‘fear-free’. 1st John 4:18.
One thing I have learnt is that we have authority given to us by God. That authority gives us power to come against everything evil, INCLUDING that fear harboring within you as a result of remaining in that ‘prison.’ God is the potter and you are the clay, so let Him work on you and mould you into something beautiful inside out.
Purpose to change your mindset, and begin to dream big things for you; Burry the necessary fears, and leave them to rest in pieces.
Choose to begin to live a new you… Be that which you were meant to be; as God covers your nakedness, to bring out the best in you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

27:7 'DEFINITION'

One of the greatest tragedies is going through life with someone for a lengthy period of time, only to be told, at the quest for clarity on who you are, that you were only but… a friend. Ouch! I have been there, on a few occasions actually (story for another day) and to be honest, it broke me more than the first time, every time. But one thing I have learned is to take responsibility for my part of the ended waltz because it always takes two to tango. Responsibility for me means taking time out to evaluate my part in the problem and see how to rectify my attitude and behavior. I can’t say I learn my lesson well, sometimes I trip over, but I’m here to speak of improvements not perfection. Life has taught me the importance of ‘definition,’ the necessity of defining things the moment they come into being. It could be a friendship, a relationship, a business plan, anything… you are required to define it from the start. A little research would reveal that the word ‘definition