Skip to main content

A LETTER TO MY PRINCE TO BE

It has been a while since I sat down to write something out to you. I have been caught up in so many things that I actually forget to take some time and think about you
I apologize, though I know you understand fully, that all this in due time, shall bear good fruit, not just for me but those around me; including you.
But I am here now, and I just thought I should jot down something to you, even as I wait for the day of your arrival. Oh how I can’t wait, for time to tell that the moment for us to come together has arrived. It seems like forever, but I’d rather wait, coz I know the longer it takes for me to get to you, the better the future will be for us.
It is still hard to imagine that you are out there somewhere looking for me; down on your knees chanting a prayer every night that your eyes will one day be opened to see me.  
I wish I knew who you are, so that I know how to prepare myself for you. I wish I knew where you are then I would at least come to meet you. I wish I knew how you looked like, and then maybe my imagination wouldn’t travel so far.
But none of that is a barrier at all; in fact it gives room for me to put myself in order in the best of ways, because I believe you deserve the best of me.
Life without you in person is quite scary. Coz then my assurance, is not at the highest of levels. I find my self asking, who you could be, and if ever at all, you will be right in choosing me.
I find myself doing self analysis, of who I would want to be to and for you. Then I wonder; is that really what you want from me? Only time will tell.
However let me make it clear to the whole world that I am waiting for you. Keeping myself busy in the Vineyard of God the father, has a way of making one patient enough for the right man, and that is just a clue of where you expect to find me.
I can’t say the waiting is easy. I mean there times when it’s just me, and I wish badly that you were around to make it ‘you and me’.
Sometimes I wish that you were around to hold me in your arms, and stay for a while, and softly whisper everything a girl like me would love to hear.
I wish you could call and say, ‘I am on my way’, just to assure me that you are drawing near.
It gets crazy at times, but hey, perseverance is all I got to do, if I want to be blessed enough to have a great man like you.
Besides, if I was to experience all this now, what would I have to enjoy in the coming days?
With every passing day, the distance between us grows shorter
The patience within me grows stronger
Every time I think this waiting time is bring me something better, I smile
Because I know when you arrive and stand right before me
I will be proud of myself, having kept myself for you…
It will be worth the wait.
I look forward to having you in my life. I look forward to serving you as your wife.
In the mean time I shall be on my knees, praying as I wait for you
For prayer is the only road that will take me on a path that leads to none other but you.

With all my love,
Your Queen (soon to be)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

27:8 'THE SOUL LEVEL'

  Photo Credits: @KilographyKe at Qontent Studios One thing ‘independence’ teaches you, is how you never want to be alone. I shared this sentiments with a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, after my move out of home. It was supposed to be an exciting period for me, but incidences and circumstances can take a tremendous turn sometimes. Your introspection somewhat feels like an emergency surgery from discovery of ‘internal bleeding.’ That’s how I’ve felt for a while, like I was to be worked on or else I’d lose my mind or eventually myself. And so I wrote to a dear friend who out of the usual did something for me that to date remains priceless. Something that reminded me, why I call a countable few, my friends. It wasn’t almost 10 minutes later, that she rang me. I couldn’t respond because I was held up in a meeting. So when I got home, with a smile managing to form on my face knowing it took a lot of courage to face the day, she called me back. Frankly speaking, I had

MANY QUESTIONS & ONE ANSWER

I’m a few years into what is known as the critical decade of life. On some days, this journey is a smooth sail, you kick back, relax and you enjoy the blessings that come with being “young and free”. I admit though that clarity on life seems far-fetched on some days and you pay a hefty price for being “young and foolish”. For days on end, I have wondered what God’s will is; for my life and particularly in scenarios that seem to suck the life out of me. In distress, I question “What is your will in all this confusion Lord?” It is hard to comprehend God Himself, which affirms His word that echoes that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). Ask me how I got this far in my life, and I’ll probably be quick to let you know “By the way, I too do not know, it must have been and still is by grace, which is sufficient.” Sometimes I wish I knew what next; but eventually when I get to know, I go ahead to inquire the purpose behind the current circum

TOO MUCH

  Why is it so easy to say I’m fine? Hardly do you ever think about it, Effortlessly, it slides from between your lips. Especially, When all that lies around you is witness to the total opposite. Seasons really never last forever, There are those when the party just won’t stop Then others when silence invades, the kind like pin drop. A silence to kill or a silence to heal, A silence that kills, echoes various unheard voices, Screaming piercingly on the inside... The result... is a temporary brain freeze. Silence that heals fabricates unheard melodies, Calm, gentle that are soothing to the soul. I then wonder and it dawns... this is just too much Or is it?   Do I fear too much? Do I care too much? Do I worry too much? Do I question too much? Do I think too much? Do I foresee too much? Do I trust so much? And if I do, will I hurt, just a little too much? Do I wonder too much? Do I give too much? Do I expect too much? Have I loved too muc